African Dream Root
- Silene capensis is regarded by the Xhosa tribe as a sacred herb and an oneirogenic agent - a substance that causes lucid, vivid dreams, noticeably in colour and vibrancy.
- The root is traditionally used to induce vivid (and according to the Xhosa, prophetic) lucid dreams during the initiation process of shamans.
- A small amount of the root is pulverised with water to produce a white froth.
- This froth is then sucked off and swallowed.
- The user's dreams for the following several nights are said to be more vivid and memorable than usual.
- It is regarded across the world as one of the most powerful of the dream enhancing ethno botanical plants.